EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY AND MEDIATOR
With 20 years of legal experience, Andrew M. Tolchin has seen a wide range of legal issues and cases. Andrew mediates conflicts arising out of contract disputes, construction (commercial and residential), personal injury (everything from slip-and-fall to truck collision), DTPA, consumer matters (including credit, loan, mortgage payments, odometer rollback disclosure, and FICO), labor and employment, subrogation, and, largely, complex business disputes.
Andrew serves on the Council of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Texas, as an Advisor to the Council of the Construction Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, and is a member of the Association of Attorney Mediators (AAM). He spoke on mediation techniques as a panelist at the 2019 Advanced ADR CLE, on ethics in mediation at the 2019 Texas Bar College CLE, and on Zoom mediation strategies at a Houston Bar Association ADR Section CLE program.
Andrew represents the attorneys of Harris County to the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas (2020-2023), and previously served as an elected Director on the Board (2015-2018). Andrew was recognized by the Chair of the Board in 2018 with the Outstanding Third Year Director Award and Andrew also received the 2018 Judge Sam Williams Award in recognition of his contribution to the legal community.
Andrew has volunteered at the Houston Dispute Resolution Center, where he settled a dozen civil (non-family) cases in a row, the longest streak seen there over the last 25 years.
These are ratings of Andrew:
- Rated 10.0 (out of 10.0) on the AVVO attorney peer review ranking scale.
- Houstonia Magazine “Best of Houstonia Top Lawyers Arbitration and Mediation” (2016 – 2020).
- H Texas Magazine “Houston’s Top Lawyers Selected by Their Peers, Mediation” (2017 – most recent publication)
- Rue Ratings “Best Attorneys in America” Lifetime Charter Member (an award for only 100 attorneys in all of Texas). (2015-Present)
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel “Nation’s Top One Percent” (2015).
Andrew served as a Texas Bar Foundation Nominations co-Chair (2017-2019) and is a Sustaining Life Fellow. He is a Member of the Texas Bar College and served as SBOT Board Advisor to the Board of the College (2017-2018). While on the State Bar Board, he served as Chair of the Technology Oversight Committee (2017-2018). Andrew also served on the Policy Manual Committee (2016-2018) and the Nominations and Elections Committee (2016-2018). Andrew has also served on the District 5 Grievance Committee (2018-2020).
Andrew is the Founder and Administrator of “Texas Lawyers” Group, also known as “TL”, a digital bar association with over 15,000 licensed Texas attorneys. These are some of the attorney groups where Andrew is Founder and Administrator:
- “Texas Lawyers” (2014-Present)
- “Attorney Mediators” (2015 – Present)
- “Texas Oil and Gas Lawyers” (2018 – Present)
- “Bankruptcy Attorneys” (2014 – Present)
- “Texas Labor and Employment Lawyers” (2015 – Present)
- “Texas Construction Lawyers” (2018 – Present)
- “Tax Attorneys” (2015-Present)
- “Texas Lawyers Lounge” (2015-Present)
- “Texas Appellate Lawyers” (2016-Present)
Andrew served on the Board of Directors of the Fort Bend County Bar Association (2015-2018). He also served as a Member of the Fort Bend County Law Library Committee during that same timeframe. Additionally, Andrew is a Member of the Houston Bar Association, the Brazoria County Bar Association, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Community of Brazosport (2014 – Present).
He is licensed to practice before all Texas state and local courts, as well as Federal Court in the Southern District of Texas. Additionally, Andrew is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.