AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY AND MEDIATOR
With over 15 years of legal experience, Andrew M. Tolchin has seen a wide range of legal issues and conflicts. Andrew is a certified and credentialed mediator for conflicts including civil matters, labor and employment disputes, contract disputes, personal injury cases, subrogation, internal business disputes, as well as family conflicts, divorce, child custody and support.
Andrew is an elected Director who serves on the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas (2015-2018), representing 12 counties including Brazoria, Fort Bend, and Galveston. Andrew is also elected to the Board of Directors of the Fort Bend County Bar Association (2015-2017). He also serves the Board as a Member of the Fort Bend County Law Library Committee (2015 – Present). Additionally, Andrew is a Member of the Brazoria County Bar Association, Galveston County Bar Association, Katy Bar Association, and the Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorneys Association.
Rue Ratings lists Andrew among the “Best Attorneys in America” as a Lifetime Charter Member (an award for only 100 attorneys in all of Texas). In 2015, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel recognized Andrew as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent of attorneys. Andrew is rated 10.0 (out of 10.0) on the AVVO attorney peer review ranking scale.
Andrew is also a Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, a credit only offered by the Board of Trustees of the Texas Bar Foundation to the top one third of one percent of non-member attorneys each year. Andrew is a Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas. Andrew is licensed to practice before all Texas state and local courts, as well as Federal Court in the Southern District of Texas. Additionally, Andrew is licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
Andrew is part of these mediation organizations:
- Member, Texas Association of Mediators (TAM)
- CCM, Texas Mediator Credentialing Association
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution – Houston Chapter
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, State Bar of Texas
Andrew’s experience includes transactional matters (including business and communications law), personal injury litigation, and both civil and criminal jury trials. Andrew’s trial experience ranges from automobile accidents to murder defense.
Some of Andrew’s additional affiliations and leadership positions related to the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors include:
- Legislative Policy Committee of the Board of Directors of State Bar of Texas (2015 – 2016)
- Technology Oversight Committee of the Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas (2015 – 2016)
- Advisor on behalf of the Board to the Public Utility Law Section (2015 – 2016)
Andrew is a Member of certain specialty field Sections of the State Bar of Texas. These include the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Section, Litigation Section, Family Law Section, Business Law Section, Administrative and Public Law Section, Public Utility Law Section, Juvenile Law Section, Immigration and Nationality Law Section, Bankruptcy Law Section. In addition, Andrew has also previously been a Member of the Labor and Employment Law Section and the Criminal Justice Section.
Andrew is a leader in the development of online forums for communication between Texas-licensed attorneys. Andrew is the Founder and Administrator of “Texas Lawyers”, a private online discussion forum which may be accessed by over 4,400 attorneys.
These are some of the other private online Groups where Andrew volunteers:
- “Attorney Mediators” – Founder and Administrator (2015 – Present)
- “TFL – Texas Family Lawyers” – Group Administrator (2014 – Present)
- “Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers” – Group Administrator (2014 – Present)
- “Texas Criminal Lawyers” – Founder and Administrator (2014 – Present)
- “Immigration Attorneys” – Founder and Administrator (2014 – Present)
- “Bankruptcy Attorneys” – Founder and Administrator (2014 – Present)
- “Labor and Employment Lawyers” – Founder and Administrator (2015 – Present)
Andrew is a Member of the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Community of Brazosport (2014 – Present). He lives with his wife Katie and their dogs Keefer and Mozart.
Mediations provided throughout the greater Houston area, including Greeway Plaza area near Upper Kirby, 1960, Clear Lake, Katy, Fort Bend, and Pearland.